About Me

I'm a 'stay at home mom' of 3 who loves to make things out of anything and everything. There are 3 times a year that are my favorite: Christmas, our Beach Trip and the local Bulk Pick Up time where I can always find wood, furniture, etc. Some of what I make was free from the side of the road or from my Grandparents farm and sometimes salvaged pieces from something that's broke heading for the trash. I like looking online to get craft ideas and hope I can spark a creative idea for you! I also sale Vintage Hat Reproductions that I make in my Etsy Store 'In The Makings", just click on the first widget to the right and thanks for looking!

"Ones' Trash Truly Is Anothers' Treasure"

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My Tribute to Professor Snape

This was a regular mirror that already had these vases glued on, it was used flowers flowers, but to me they looked like potion bottles, I didn't have any paint stripper but saw online to use EasyOff stove cleaner to strip the paint,,which works! After I scrapped the paint off, there's the shiny coating, and used half water & clorox(store brand) sprayed in just for a second and got the spots. I did that part over the sink so i could have water to rinse off the bleach real quick. The bottle labels were a templet from online and soaked in concentrated tea to give the old look.







No comments:

Post a Comment